Acts: The Early Church - Pt. 3
- They all received the spirit, not a select few.
- The coming of the Spirit fulfilled God's promise.
- The Spirit filled them because of faith and obedience and it cannot be earned.
- The Spirit chose how it would fill them.
- The working of the Spirit supersedes anything man can do alone.
Five things we know about the Spirit:
- The Spirit is for everyone.
- The coming of the Spirit fulfills God’s promise.
- The Spirit cannot be earned, but comes from obedience.
- The Spirit chooses how it will work.
- The Spirit’s work is greater than man’s work.
We have two takeaways for today.
- We are EMPOWERED and INDWELLED by the Holy Spirit as believers.
- We are made for a TIME and a PURPOSE.
1 Peter 2:9
1 Peter 2:9 MSG
But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.
"Come Study with Us"
Read along in the book of Acts as we study as a church family. Below you'll find the Scripture readings for the week leading up to the sermon.
Week leading up to 1/27 - Introduction - Acts
Week leading up to 2/3 - Acts 1: 1-26
Week leading up to 2/10 - Acts 2:1-13
Week leading up to 2/17 - Acts 2:14-41
Week leading up to 2/24 - Acts 2:42-3:10
Week leading up to 3/3 - Acts 3:11-4:31
Week leading up to 3/10 - Acts 4:32-5:11
Week leading up to 3/17 - Acts 5:12-42
Week leading up to 3/24 - Acts 6:8-7:60
Week leading up to 3/31 - Acts 8:4-40