Acts: The Early Church - Pt. 3
- They all received the spirit, not a select few.
- The coming of the Spirit fulfilled God's promise.
- The Spirit filled them because of faith and obedience and it cannot be earned.
- The Spirit chose how it would fill them.
- The working of the Spirit supersedes anything man can do alone.
Five things we know about the Spirit:
- The Spirit is for everyone.
- The coming of the Spirit fulfills God’s promise.
- The Spirit cannot be earned, but comes from obedience.
- The Spirit chooses how it will work.
- The Spirit’s work is greater than man’s work.
We have two takeaways for today.
- We are EMPOWERED and INDWELLED by the Holy Spirit as believers.
- We are made for a TIME and a PURPOSE.
1 Peter 2:9
1 Peter 2:9 MSG
But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.