If you have recently made a decision to put your faith in Christ, or have done so in the past but have never been baptized, we would like invite you to prayerfully consider baptism. You will be asked to attend a Baptism Class which will be scheduled at least one week before the actual baptism.
What is Baptism?
- Baptism is an outward expression of an inward decision to follow Jesus.
- Baptism is symbolic of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. It's a statement that we are dead to our old lives and have been raised to new life in Jesus! (Romans 6:3-4; 2 Cor. 5:21)
- It is a symbolic act, commanded by Jesus as a way of publicly declaring that you have entered into a personal relationship with Him.
- While it is not necessary for salvation, baptism demonstrates submission and obedience to God. We baptize through immersion at Life Church because we believe that is what Jesus modeled for us.
Why should I be baptized?
- If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, but have never been baptized, then this is your next step.
- Jesus commands us to be baptized. (Matthew 28:19-20; Matthew 3:16.)
- It allows others to celebrate with you.
- It encourages followers of Jesus while sharing the message of life-change in Jesus with those who have yet to put their faith in Him.
Why should I NOT be baptized?
- To be saved, to earn God’s favor or to make a re-dedication
- If you have been baptized before as a believer
- If you are joining the church but were baptized in another church or location
If you have any questions, please contact us.